‘I can’t guarantee any of you will like these’, said my friend D as she dished up her Oaty Blueberry Pancakes on Bank Holiday Monday morning. Not exactly what you want to hear when you’re about to eat, but luckily her concern was short-lived as she watched us greedily tuck in.
So, to pay homage to my delicious breakfast on Monday, D kindly revealed the secret to her recipe success so I can share it with you all. So, here you have it – D’s Oaty Blueberry Pancakes.
- 1 cup of fine porridge oats
- 600g low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- A dash of milk
- 1 small packet of blueberries
- Maple syrup and a dollop of Greek yoghurt to serve
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl
- Add the cottage cheese, oats, cinnamon, milk and blueberries and stir well
- Heat a knob of butter on a medium heat in a shallow frying pan
- Once the butter has melted, add a coaster sized amount of the mixture to the pan (you can usually fit more than one in the pan at any one time)
- Cook until golden brown on one side before flipping over
- Once the other side is cooked, serve with maple syrup and Greek yoghurt.