This is one of my favourite recipes in Rachel Khoo’s recently published cookbook The Little Paris Kitchen. It’s so so simple, yet makes a special starter or a stand alone meal if speed is of the essence.
I don’t often write up recipes that aren’t my own, but this one is made for sharing, so I couldn’t resist. What’s more, it gives me the opportunity to say that I too want to move to Paris so I can spend my days wandering around busy market stalls picking up fresh produce to cook in my tiny quintessentially French kitchen – ce qu’est une vie!
- 150g creme fraiche
- Salt & pepper
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A handful of chopped dill
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Put the creme fraiche in a bowl
- Season the creme fraiche with the salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Put a dollop of creme fraiche in the bottom of four ramekins
- Pop a little dill on top of the creme fraiche before cracking an egg on top
- Put a second tablespoon of creme fraiche on top of the egg and sprinkle with a little more salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Place the ramekins in a baking tray and pour lukewarm water around the pots so it comes to halfway up the side
- Bake for 15mins
- Garnish with a little dill